What image does your Reception area portray?
The reception area of your front office determines the first impression your business makes on clients, vendors and visitors. Carefully craft this area to be functional, professional and stylish.
Various design elements such as colour, materials, layout and branding can make a statement about the values of your company. Ensure that your reception area sends the right message by taking the time to thoroughly plan each detail of this important aspect of your office.
Our top Reception design tips include:
- Determine the overall look and feel you want to display in your reception area. Ideally, the style should cater to the tastes of the clientele who will be frequenting this space and represent the "look" of your company at the same time. This could be sleek, creative, cozy or imposing.
- Select your colour scheme. Light neutrals and earth tones are versatile and blend well with a wide variety of furnishing options. These colour themes are good choices for carpeting, wall coverings and window treatments. Alternately, you can choose to focus on materials such as glass, chrome, acrylic and tile for a more modern appearance. Decide whether or not your current lighting fixtures need to be upgraded for a better effect.
- Make the reception desk the centerpiece. Its style, shape and size will determine many of your other décor choices. Look for originality and an eye-catching design to make a statement. Face the desk toward the entry door for an atmosphere of friendly, immediate greeting. Orient it at an angle to the door if you want a more formal setting.
- Choose the materials for all your main furnishings at the same time so you can achieve a cohesive look. Comfort, durability and visual appeal are all important factors for reception furniture. Invest in stain and wear-resistant fabric covered seating if you can't afford leather. Opt for wood laminate rather than steel if you need a filing credenza in the reception area--it has a warmer appeal.
- Calculate the number of chairs you will need to seat your clients and visitors on a busy day. Add one or two small tables so you can arrange the chairs in clusters around them if you have room. Locate the specifications for each item of furniture and check them against the measurements on your blueprint. Make sure there will be room left for the flow of traffic - especially around the reception desk.
- Plan in advance how you will minimise visible clutter. For example, use low shelving under the reception desk to house office equipment and other necessary items. Add a rack for coats and a stand for umbrellas. Place a waste bin discretely by the door.
Add finishing touches to complete your reception area design. Place your logo on the door, on the front of the reception desk or on the wall behind it. Keep art displays tasteful and elegant - save the motivational posters for work areas. Only use plants as decorations if they are hardy and will maintain a fresh and vital appearance over time.
Domain Reception Desk
H6000 is a distinctive range of Melamine furniture that uses matching colours, woodgrains and textures to create a unique office environment. With a vast range of storage units and accessories H6000 will provide all the answers for any office fit out. H6000 can also be Custom Made to your exact requirements.
This quality range combines both practicality and style at the right price. Manufactured with the latest technology utilising 25mm tops and sides for strength, durability and proudly AUSTRALIAN MADE with a 10 Year Warranty. Easy clean surfaces that are scratch resistant will ensure your investment will look good for years to come. Available in any combination of colours as listed allowing you to personalise your work space.
* 25mm construction tops and sides
* Mobile Drawer Pedestals 18mm construction
* Adjustable shelving 18mm construction
* All exposed edges 2mm High Impact Resistant PVC/ABS
* All construction using Blum KD Fittings for added strength and durability
* All Drawers constructed from Blum Metabox Metal Drawer System
* All desk returns are free standing
* Can be Custom Made to your exact requirements
Horizon Design Options
The Horizon Range Explained